Icon of Our Mother of Perpetual help
A fun way to celebrate this Jubilee is through creative contests. Several suggestions for contests like Logo Design Contest, Jubilee Anthem Contest and Promotional Video Contest will be done on world-wide level. The different units, however, are encouraged to organize their own contests.
Logo Design Competition
Congratulations to Biju Madathikunnel, CSsR.,
from the Redemptorist Vice-Province of Liguori,
India for winning the Logo Design Contest!
Promotional Video Contest
The deadline for the submission of entries for the Promotional Video Contest is extended. The new deadline is 31 May 2015 Midnight GMT.
The Commission for the 150th Anniversary of the Icon of Our Mother of Perpetual Help is conducting a promotional video contest. The details about the contest and the guidelines are given below.
Theme: Celebrating the Jubilee of the Icon of Our Mother of Perpetual Help: 150 Years of Making Her Known throughout the World.
Who can participate?
Redemptorist confreres, the Redemptorist family and associated Congregations; Redemptorist lay associates, collaborators and those who partner us in mission and those with a great love for Our Mother of Perpetual Help.
Occasion and purpose:
The Icon of Our Mother of Perpetual Help is without doubt the most universally loved Icon in the Church. It appeals to all cultures, languages and even to those of a different religious tradition. April 26, 2016 will mark the 150th Anniversary of the restoration to public devotion of the original Icon of Our Mother of Perpetual Help in the Church of St. Alphonsus in Rome and the entrusting of the Icon by Pope Pius IX to the Redemptorists, with these words: “Make her known to the world”.
This 150th anniversary is a time for us to rekindle our love for and devotion to Our Mother of Perpetual Help, even as she accompanies us in the mission of evangelization. It must also be an invigoration of the mandate given to the Redemptorists to ‘Make Her Known’. We envisage that that the winning video will communicate this Anniversary for what it is: a time of grace.
This video will be shown on the websites, shrines, and mission stations of all the units of the Redemptorists as a promotional video for the Jubilee of the Icon.
The competition is being managed and organized by Our Mother of Perpetual Help commission Rome and the Office of Communications. All contact must be made with the following address:
Fr. Joey Echano, CSsR., email address: email@example.com
Rules and Guidelines
1. All entries must be a digital video.
2. The video must include the icon of Our Mother of Perpetual Help and reflect the theme: Celebrating the Jubilee of the Icon of Our Mother of Perpetual Help: 150 Years of Making Her Known throughout the World.
3. It is highly recommended that each entry contain the following words (either in spoken audio or in visual text):
• Our Mother of Perpetual Help
• Icon of Love
• 150 Years of Making Her Known throughout the World
• Redemptorist Missionaries
• Make her known
4. The video must also contain actual footage of the devotion of local people to Our Mother of Perpetual Help, local shrine dedicated to Our Mother of Perpetual Help, Redemptorist missionaries and mission partners spreading the devotion.
5. Video specifications
• Length: one minute maximum, thirty seconds minimum
• Format: AVI, H.264, MP4, MPEG, MOV, MPG, MPEG, WMV in DV and other high quality format
• Aspect Ratio 16:9
• Size: High Definition 1080i or 1080p (1920 x 1080) to 1440p (2560 x 1440)
• Compatibility: PAL or NTSC compatible
6. No copyrighted materials (music, images, etc.) may be used for this contest unless you own the copyright or have a license to use the material for this contest. Written permission must be obtained and provided upon request for all copyrighted materials.
7. Limit of one entry per individual.
8. The deadline for submissions of entries is 30 April, 2015 Midnight GMT.
9. All portions of the online entry form must be completed when you upload your video for it to be eligible.
10. Winning videos will be shown publicly and uploaded to YouTube. This information is included in the consent form.
11. Winning entries will become the property of the Redemptorist congregation and may be used in promotional material and showcased at events.
12. Contest organizers reserve the right to disqualify any submission that, in the sole opinion of the Judges, includes content deemed to be inappropriate in nature.
13. All decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this competition.
General Criteria for Judging
• The video followed the guidelines, no copyrighted materials used in the video.
• The video has conveyed in the most creative way the theme and required film clips and audio for the celebrations.
B. Technical Excellence
• Visual creativity
• Sound design and soundtrack
• Effective use of special effects
C. Overall Quality
• Video is original, creative and unique.
• The video inspires the audience to participate and join in the activities of the Jubilee celebrations.
The General Council, along with an appointed committee of experts will judge the contest and decide the winner.
First place: US$1000
Second place: US$500
Third place: US$300
If you have any questions about the above rules and regulations, let us know. Contact Fr. Joey Echano, CSsR., email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
©2014 Redemptorist General Commission of the 150th Jubilee of the Icon, All rights reserved.